What: ICRMA University and training sessions focus on specific Workers’ Compensation and Liability loss drivers that may be affecting ICRMA members, and are led by experts specializing in these topics. In addition to gaining information risk control methods and best practices, these sessions allow members to engage with each other and share their experiences.
Scheduled training and University sessions are as follows. Please note this schedule is subject to change.
- September 27, 2018 – TBD
- Successful Claims Handling, Effective utilization of TPAs & Defense Attorneys – Cancelled
Time: Presentations are generally planned to be half-day sessions unless otherwise noted in the promotional announcement. Sign-in begins at 8:15 a.m. with a Continental Breakfast, the training starts at 9 a.m., and lunch is served at noon.
Preparation: Handouts for the University may be available on the ICRMA website for viewing and printing one week before the scheduled event and should be brought with you to the presentation.
Location: Typically trainings are held at the Rio Hondo Event Center, 10627 Old River School Road, Downey, CA 90241. Please note this location is subject to change.
Handouts & Presentations
April 26, 2018 Session:
March 22, 2018 Session:
Design Immunity (and Dangerous Conditions of Public Property)
- No Materials available
February 22, 2018 Session:
January 25, 2018 session:
November 16, 2017 Session:
October 26, 2017 Session:
September 28, 2017 Session:
- ICRMA Workers’ Compensation
- Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Workers’ Compensation Glossary
- Options to Gain Direct Control Over Medical Care & Costs
May 25, 2017 Session:
April 27, 2017 Session:
- The Urban Forest: Best Practices for Managing Tree Exposures
- More information can be found under Risk & Safety Programs
March 30, 2017 Session:
February 23, 2017 Session:
January 26, 2017 Session:
- Courtney McFate: EPL Do’s and Don’ts
- Cinder Hart: ICRMA EPL Resource Center
- Mike Wroniak & Erin Dunkerly: Design Immunity
October 20, 2016 session:
- Dorothy Gjerdrum: Pools, Pooling & ICRMA Service Offerings
- ICRMA Pool Metrics & Service Offerings
- Checklist for Joining a Pool
- The Advantages of Pooling
September 29, 2016 session: