The Risk Management Fund Program (“Program”) provides a mechanism for ICRMA members to fund expenditures to support safety and risk management programs. The fund allows members to more efficiently plan expenditures.
Each year members can elect to contribute up to $5,000 to their Risk Management Fund. The fund balance is capped at $25,000. Once the maximum allowable balance is reached, members may not contribute to the fund until some of the funds are used, and the balance falls below the maximum allowed. Requests to use the funds for reimbursement or pre-payment should be submitted to Ashley O’Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Program funds will be used to reimburse Member expenditures for the following:
- Controlling or minimizing risks that could result in injury, illness, and/or claims filed against the City.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of safety and risk management programs.
- Emergency and disaster preparedness.
- Special expenditures permitted by ICRMA and/or the ICRMA Director of Loss Control.
Program funds will not be used toward:
- General maintenance or upkeep;
- Regular expenses such as operating supplies, materials, or equipment;
- Any expenses that the City is obligated to make, including monetary fines resulting from regulatory citations.
Click here to view the Risk Management Fund Guidelines & Request Form.