The Risk Management Fund Program provides a mechanism for ICRMA members to fund expenditures supporting safety and risk management efforts throughout the year. Each year the Program allows members to contribute up to $5,000 to their Risk Management Fund, the balance for which is capped at $25,000. Once the maximum allowable balance is reached, members may not contribute to the fund until some of the funds are used. Requests to use the funds for reimbursement or pre-payment should be submitted as indicated on the request form for processing.
Program funds will be used to reimburse Member expenditures for the following:
- Controlling or minimizing risks that could result in injury, illness, and/or claims filed.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of safety & risk management programs.
- Emergency and disaster preparedness.
- Special expenditures permitted by ICRMA and/or the ICRMA Director of Loss Control.
Program funds will not be used toward:
- General maintenance or upkeep;
- Regular expenses such as operating supplies, materials, or equipment;
- Any expenses that the City is obligated to make, including monetary fines resulting from regulatory citations.
Examples of past approved expenses:
- Anti-Harassment Training
- Artwork appraisal
- Cal-OSHA reporter
- Conference Attendance
- CPR Training & Materials
- Defensive Driver Training
- ER Center Computers
- ER Evacuation Chair
- Ergonomic Equipment
- Ergonomic Services & Training
- Forklift Training
- HAZWOPER Training
- HR Classification and Comparative Analysis
- PR Services not covered by the Crisis Response Program
- Risk Control Services
- Safety Training Videos/DVDs
- Standing Desk
- Title II (ADA) Evaluation & Transition Plan
- Traffic Control Guide